The world is still obsessed with Ranch dressing, and my family is no exception. But, me? Not so much. Unless you’re talking about Gwyneth Paltrow’s recipe for Old Bay Ranch Dressing from her AMAZING cookbook, It’s All Good. DELISH! In fact, her recipe inspired this super easy & gloriously zesty family fav! But, this recipe is made mostly with yogurt, so you can tell yourself it’s healthy!
This is such a fun summer twist on an old classic!
Old Bay Ranch Dip Recipe will jazz up that next veggie tray and give your kids something new and healthy to disguise those veggies this summer!Jump to Recipe
Old Bay Sour Cream Dip
An old school staple for summer veggies—whether you’re beach or poolside—is Ranch Sour Cream Dip. It is literally the one food I can remember eating every day during those long summers by my grandmother’s pool.
If you’re a fan of the Ranch packet in the sour cream container, then you’re going to love this spin!
Greek Yogurt is subbed for the sour cream (though you could totally use sour cream if you want). Ample amounts of Old Bay Seasoning and lemon juice give this dip a TOTAL face lift!
Updated Ranch Dressing Recipe
Though this makes a delicious summer dip for any veggie tray, you can also transform it into a salad dressing with little to no effort. Grilled shrimp salad or fish tacos with Old Bay Ranch Dressing? YES PLEASE!
First, make the dip as directed below. Reserve half the dip for veggies, and use the remaining half for a dressing! Win-Win.
Complete directions for dressing and dip in the printable recipe section below!
Old Bay Ranch Dip
- 1 package Ranch Mix
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt Whole or Low Fat
- ½ cup Mayo Or Veganaise
- ½ Lemon Squeezed
- 2 TBSP Chopped chives
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup Milk adding 1 TBSP at a time
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients (except the milk) until completely incorporated.
- If dip appears too thick (this can happen depending on the thickness of your yogurt), then you can add a tablespoon of milk to think it just slightly.
- Chill in the fridge and let all the flavors come together for an hour or so. That's when it's at it's best! (But, my kids tend to dive right in!)
- Store left overs in a tupperware or mason jar to use all week.
Salad Dressing Instructions
- If you want to turn this dip into a dressing, which is EQUALLY as delicious, you'll need to add milk to your dip.
- I recommend reserving half of the mixture for dip, and use the remaining half to create your salad dressing. Best of both worlds! But, either way, the process is the same.
- Simply add milk to the mixture and whisk until it reaches your desired consistency. I suggest adding one tablespoon or two at a time. You don't want to water it down! You will likely use no more than 1/2 c. milk total. So, go slow!
- Store dressing in a mason jar or tuperware for use all week!
Homemade Ranch Dip
Whether you’re feasting with friends at a party this summer, or you just want to doctor up that boring ol’ ranch dip for your kids at home, then this quick recipe will not disappoint!
We love it on veggies, fish tacos, salads, and even grilled potatoes! Sky’s the limit when you’re talking about Ranch, amiright?
This recipe is super easy & packs a summer flavor punch! It’ll surely become a new family favorite this summer.